SAA - 7.62x39mm 16" H-BAR Profile 1:10 AR-15 Barrel
- Caliber: 7.62x39mm
- Barrel Length: 16" Standard HBAR Profile
- Gas System: Carbine Length
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chromoly
- Barrel Finish: Matte Black
- Rifling: 1:10
- M4 feed ramp is included
- .750" diameter at gas block
- Threading (TPI): 5/8x24"
- Weight: 2.0 lbs
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Attached this barrel to an SAA upper and cheap free float forend handguard with low profile gas block. Installed a .308 A 1Tactical Multi Port Muzzle brake Compensator. Shoots same hole groups @ 27 yds with reloads and almost as good using PPU factory loads. Even shot Wolf and Tula steel case with surprising results. I think my AK will start collecting dust after these results.
Decent barrel; haven't shot yet but cleared headspace and passed function checks.
Finally I got my build completed. Put this barrel on a TNW heavy milled receiver with a DSA M16 style heavy bolt carrier , TROY IND. free float Alpha hand guard , a JP Rifles A2 style adjustable gas block and a standard m4 style(bird cage) flash hider (5/8x24).For the price and being my first upper build this is nice. everything went together nice. Barrel finish , bore and feed ramps are great. the only 2 things I don't like about the barrel are the caliber size markings are out at the muzzle end rather than up next to where the hand guard would cover them. Also it is not chrome lined . Other than those 2 things, for the price Im pleased. I would 100% recommend this to others. SHOOTS GREAT!!!!
the only thing I don't like is that its NOT chrome lined.
- Minute-of-man accuracy with surplus ammo
- Zero installation issues
- Surprisingly lighter weight than expected for a heavy profile barrel
- VERY rough bore - lots of copper fouling. Actually looks like the bore wasn't plugged and it was parkerized along with the barrel surface, but I have not viewed with a bore scope to confirm.
- Received with lots of surface scratches/dings
- Poor laser-engraving of SAA logo and cal/twist info (upside-down when barrel is installed)
- Would have preferred this available with a mid-length gas system as the carbine length is over-gassed for this load.
This is a great barrel for its intended purpose, which was to build a 7.62x39 AR for some cheap fun inside of 200 yards, mostly driven by 5.56x45 ammo prices and availability during the panic. The barrel 100% accomplished that functionally, with a few quality druthers. That is to be expected for the price, however, so I'm very happy with it overall and would recommend to anyone with similar requirements. Spend more on a higher quality barrel if you're looking for better than 2-3 MOA accuracy within 200 yards. Pairs great with an EOTech.
Assembly of this barrel went very well. Took a low profile gas block and flash suppressor without any issues.
Took it out, after sighting in my Aimpoint PRO, I was getting 3" groups with Hornady 7.62x39 at 100yds, and slightly larger groups with Wolf.
Great price too!
Just installed this week and spent the morning at the range. Installed as free float and adjustable gas block. Used Surplus Ammo upper and lower and I'm very impressed with the fit of the items seeing that I ordered it all months apart. Back to the barrel. 100 yard zero with Tula ammo created mixed results. Fliers every now and then. Cooled and cleaned the barrel and changed to Remington Core Lokt soft points. 4 shot group under 3 inches. I'm impressed for my first AR build.