If you are new to the world of building firearms, it’s important to do your research. When you put in the time to fully understand how to build a quality automatic rifle, you can look forward to a dependable firearm that will perform right.
At Surplus Ammo, we have the components you need to build a great AR. We also have experience building ARs, and we are here to help. In the next two blogs, we are going to answer some commonly-asked questions about building an AR.
- What are the laws and rules for building an AR-15?
- They are going to be the same as the rules and laws that govern buying an AR assembled in factory in your state.
- Do I have to be a gunsmith or have a license to build an AR?
- You do not, unless you’re going to mill your own lower receiver.
- I have seen barrels chambered in 5.56 and .223. What is the difference?
- Simply put, a 5.56 barrel can shoot both 5.56 and .223, and a .223 barrel can only shoot .223. Depending on what you need from your AR, you may need the flexibility of the 5.56 or be fine with the .223.
Whether you want to select the parts for your AR-15 yourself or buy a kit with all the parts included, Surplus Ammo is your answer. We provide the best tactical gear, firearm parts, and ammunition. We are happy to help answer questions, too. Buy ammunition online and more today!