Black Hole Weaponry AR-15 20" Rifle-Length Stainless Steel 6.5 Grendel (264 LBC) 1:8 Poly Barrel
Black Hole Weaponry Barrels employ the use of 416R, match grade stainless steel. BHW Barrels specialize in Polygonal rifling; The shape of the lands and grooves are based on a circle, so there are no sharp corners or edges for the bullet to conform into. This means there is a tight seal and thus less bullet deformation. This rifling form is unique in its ability to allow the bullet to be centered and fully supported by the barrel’s bore.This arc shaped rifling has long been held in very high regard for its accuracy, increased velocity, reduced gas cutting and ease of cleaning.
- Caliber: 6.5 Grendel Type 1 (264 LBC)
- Barrel Length: 20" H-Bar (Standard Profile)
- Gas System: Rifle-Length
- Barrel Material: 416 Stainless Steel
- Barrel Finish: Matte Black
- Rifling: 1:8 Polygonal 3 groove
- M4 feed ramps
- Under handguard: 0.88 inches
- In front of gas block: 0.73 inches
- Diameter .750 @ gas block
- Threading (TPI): 5/8x24"
- Magnetic particle inspections and other non-destructive testing performed on barrels by manufacturer.
- Made in the U.S.A. in St. Helens, Oregon
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The barrel I ordered was a SS BARREL. The one I received was coated in a black, textured surface. Not a huge deal, but I did have to change the finish on some of my other parts to make the upper look right. Also, it came with no break in instructions. Other than that it looks good, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the poly rifling looks to be very well done. I have great expectations for this barrel.
Barrel and upper went great. Have not shot it yet but it looks great.