Magpul M.B.U.S. Generation II Rear Sight MAG248
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 are a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up rear sight. Black, Flat Dark Earth Tan, Olive Drab Green, Stealth Gray.
The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits most 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform. Made in U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the dual flip apertures
- Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
- Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
- MBUS – Rear Gen 2
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NEW Features for GEN 2
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility (folds to a profile of only approximately a half-inch)
- Both small and large apertures are on the same plane
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is the second sight of this type I have ordered. First one came installed on an S&W M&P 15. I was so happy with the first one that I ordered this one to use on a new AR-15 I bought that did not come with a rear sight. Very easy to adjust and works well with either a fixed front sight or a front MBUS. Folds down easy for storage or when you are using scopes, red dots, etc. Recommend for anyone who needs a back up sight (never know when the battery powered sights might run out of juice at the most inconvenient time).
Functions as advertised. Snug fitting on the rail.
good product, fast shipping . . thanx
decided to buy a magpul a long time ago , didn't know what front sight i was going to get to go with it . SAA had a great price on it so decided to buy it from them . Have a saa budget upper went with the YHM gas block height front and magpul rear great combo . The sights co-witnessed perfect with my Truglo red dot zeroed in 6 rounds at 50 yards , magpul does good stuff