SAA AR-15 Mid-Length 16" HBAR Stainless Steel Finish 1:7 Polygonal Rifled Barrel - 224 Valkyrie
This SAA barrel is 416R Stainless Steel (SS) Heavy Barrel profile (HBAR), Match chamber with 1:7 twist rate Polygonal rifling, Mid-length gas system and standard 1/2x28 threads. As with all of our AR15 barrels, this barrel will work with any and every mil-spec upper receiver, forged or billet.
SS barrels have the advantage over military chrome-lined barrels since chrome lining diminishes the barrel's potential accuracy while SS barrels have clean rifling and chambers (verses lined barrels). SS has the advantage over chromoly barrels as SS is easier to clean as well as being corrosion resistant. Polygonal rifling has many advantages over classic lands & grooves rifling. Polygonal is easier to clean (L&G rifling has 90 degree angles verses the obtuse angles of polygonal rifling), longer barrel life (less friction) and greater potential accuracy (a better gas seal with the fired projectile).
- Caliber: 224 Valkyrie
- Barrel Length: 16" HBAR (Heavy BARrel) Profile
- Gas System: Mid-Length
- Barrel Material: 416 Stainless Steel
- Barrel Finish: Stainless
- Rifling: 1:7 Polygonal
- M4 feed ramps included
- Under Hand Guard: 0.88 inches
- In front of gas block: 0.73 inches
- .750" diameter at gas block
- Threading (TPI): 1/2x28"
- Magnetic particle inspections and other non-destructive testing performed on barrels by manufacturer.
- Manufactured right here in the U.S.A.