Spikes Tactical AR-15 Lower Receiver Parts Kit
Spikes Tactical started out on a mission for their Lower Parts Kit; they set out to make the best factory LPK on the market today! The kit Spikes came up with exceeds Military Specifications by a long shot while also offering a much better fit and finish! Spikes LPK is proudly 100% made right here in the USA and comes with a LIFETIME warranty!
- Better than Mil-Spec quality
- Proudly 100% made here in the USA
- Rounded hammer (Works with ALL calibers) and hammer spring
- Trigger and trigger spring
- Disconnector and disconnector spring
- Stainless hammer and trigger pin with Black Oxide finish
- Safety selector, detent, and spring
- Bolt catch, spring, roll pin, and plunger
- Magazine catch, spring and button
- Front pivot and rear takedown pin and their respective springs and detents
- Aluminum trigger guard with spring loaded detent and roll pin
- Buffer retainer spring and plunger
- A2 Pistol grip, 1/4x28” hex screw, and star lock washer
- Spike's Tactical Lifetime Warranty
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
One of the better lower parts kits I've used. Still didn't use the pistol grip, though it was not your standard mil-spec sort of unit. The trigger was hardly one of the high end types you can buy, but I think it was superior to what you usually get in a lower parts kit. I'd like to see them offer the kit sans trigger and grip as well. If they did that, its the only lower parts kit I'd use.
The price and product where a perfect match for budget and lower. The only down fall is that the magazine catch button could be shorter in thickness and the rear take down spring shorter also other then that it was all great.
Spikes Tactical is always top notch. I build a lot of AR's, and at this point I don't even experiment with other lowers. Combine that with the affordable price tag, and you have a happy customer.
I bought this kit thinking it was just another parts kit and expected the same old thing I've always come to expect from typical brands such as DPMS. The product description stated it was not a re-branded kit, it was better than mil-spec quality, etc. However, a lot of companies will say these type of things just to get you to buy their product. When my LPK arrived I was surprised to see there is actually quite a noticeable difference in the finish on this Spikes LPK. This kit seems to have much fewer casting marks, the steel is a darker color, and it just feels like real steel instead of a pot metal. Yes, when I pull the trigger it goes bang just like other brands, but this kit is definitely a step above the competition.